Sunday, October 4, 2009

JOY

Best
1- Sunday's General Conference--especially loved Pres. Holland's powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon, Brent Nielson's story about praying for the saints in Russia and his son then serving there 30 years later, D Todd Christofferson's talking about moral discipline, Ann Dibbs talk about using safety equipment And H David Burton's talk about "-ity" virtues. LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE TO THE POINT OF OBSESSION!

2- Saturday's General Conference-- especially Whitney Clayton's saying that our biggest burdens are self inflicted by not following commandments, Russell Osguthorpe's saying that if you rely on the Lord, you will be able to do things you thought were impossible, Jorge Zeballos saying that the command to become perfect is a challenge to be our best! and Tad Callister warning us not to trade things we DO know for things we do not know! LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE TO THE POINT OF OBSESSION!

3- passed my hump-day for teaching. (On Wednesday). I now have done 5 weeks and have 4 left. The kids were great this week. And to top it all off, this week, our class had art! (Let me explain this--our class goes to art every other friday. For 1 1/2 hours! I drop the kids off at the end of the day and get planning/free time for the last 1 1/2 hour--no kids, the end of the week, yay. love this.)

4-Finished 2 quilts for Shawna's twin boys. Quilted a quilt for pay and have 3 more in the living room to quilt for pay. Finally started sewing a quilt that I started cutting out before I started teaching, and started planning another quilt, this one an amazing doozie of a quilt that will probably take me until I'm 65 to finish (or Christmas, which ever comes first.) It is really really intense!

Worst--
1- General Conference is over for 6 more months.

2- Ate so much during our 2 full days at the Beans (where we watch conference and eat endlessly), that I have gained some very unwanted weight. However, the chicken chili, regular chili, jambalya, sloppy joes, mango salsa, rice, taco salad, fruit and fruit salad, cookies, muffins, pies, doughnuts, nachos, etc were so good! (note: I did NOT partake of all those foods, but they were all there, and more.)

3- School is back in session tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your recaps of conference. I loved it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Conference too. The talks were all great but I think my favorite on Saturday was Elder Bednar's (be consistent!) and on Sunday was Elder Holland (he really has such power when he speaks!).

    Exciting that you're getting closer to being done teaching. Although I think you'll miss it. Way to go on Shawna's quilts--they are so cute.

    I miss going to the Beans for conference. The food all sounds delicious.

    Your "worsts" aren't that bad this week. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Followers