Sunday, October 18, 2009

no brownies, dishwasher or coffee for me

WORST--

1. Working from 715 to 445 every day (9.5 hours), only getting paid for 7, and never quite getting everything done is wearing on me.
2. Even Molly, the "go with the flow" girl mentioned this week that she is going to be glad when I am done, so that we can eat regular dinners again. :o(
3. David's Cookies (traveling booth) arrived at Costco this week, but is NOT carrying their life altering brownie pack! Are they kidding? Why bother coming at all?
4. Our dishwasher finally arrived! But Rob can't install it until at least Monday. I guess if I did without for 2 1/2 weeks, I can do without for another 1/2 week.

BEST-

1. I have every subject planned, papers copied, tests written, etc for the next two weeks. All I have to do now it carry it all out, grade everything and do quarter grades. Maybe only 8 hour days for the next two weeks?? probably not.
2. Started a quilt top that is so so so cute. Three ladies at a table, quilting. (Originally it was 3 ladies at a table drinking coffee, but whats the fun in that? So I changed it to quilting.) I should be able to add the borders today and be done. Its quite small so I'm not sure how to quilt it.
3. For dinner today, I am going to make my niece, Sami's recipe for meatballs. Delicious! Katie and Connor can't come for dinner today, though, so that will be sad. (Of course, that means I don't have to pick up the house, instead, I can quilt all morning. :o)
4. I got a ton of things done this week, including lots of laundry, organizing, de-junking, cleaning, etc. I also did tons of dishes, but that is obvious, with no dishwasher. I also re-watched about 1/3 of conference. Most of the major work was done each day before 7 am because by the time I come home at night, I'm too tired to do much.
5. Molly and I went to the Apple store on Saturday to attend a youth workshop on photos (iphoto, photo booth, editing photos, etc). Then we went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with a gift card from a friend that I had done some sewing for. Whole lunch out of pocket cost was $1.46

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the brownie pack! Sorry, mom. I'm also sorry that you're hating work so much...but at least it will be over soon!

    I'm excited to see the quilt top..I remember talking about changing it from coffee to quilts and I'm interested to see how it turned out!

    You are incredibly productive with the amount of time you work. I'm impressed.

    I want to go to lunch at the Cheesecake factory! That sounds amazing (and happy for only being $1.46!).

    ReplyDelete

Followers