Saturday, October 31, 2009

Another excellent week (if you dont count H1N1, migraines, fall leaves and obnoxious elections)

Worst--
1. non-stop headaches. Not fun. I can't figure out why they are so bad right now--I'm not stressed, not sick. Frustrating. Nothing seems to make them go away except percocet, and I cannot take that all the time.
2. Now I have to really start working around the house, since I dont have any excuses not to. (see best #1)
3. I miss my "kids" already. (see best #1)
4. The leaves are falling in droves. With so many kids gone, we are going to DIE trying to rake all the leaves this year. I actually fear how bad it is going to be.
5. Election day is Tuesday. We are getting 3-5 items in the mail every day, and get phone calls as often as every hour. This is insane!
6. H1N1 Swine flu. Everyone is dropping like flies. I sent two kids home Thursday, two on Friday. Families in our ward are reporting new cases every day. Last week, the high school reportedly had 300-400 kids out. EVERYONE KEEP AWAY FROM ME AND MY FAMILY!

BEST
1. I finished my long term sub on Friday. It really was a great experience, and I enjoyed it. (I didnt enjoy the 10 hour days, though.) My kids were so sad. Many brought in nice cards or gifts. (I got gift cards, chocolate, books, etc.) We had a really easy, fun day, with a 2 1/2 hour read-a-thon at the end, complete with candy, cookies, cupcakes, punch, etc all provided by excellent parents.
2. A lady I quilt for brought over 7 quilts for me to quilt, bind and tag. It will be A LOT of work. But I will make between $500 and $600. Excellent! I already have some of the money spent (in my mind anyway.)
3. Halloween was fun. Lots of trick or treaters. I gave away air heads. Molly was a princess, her best friend, Katherine, was a frog (Princess and the frog-new disney movie.......). I handed out candy while Molly, Katherine, her brother Andy, and Molly's friend Paloma trick or treated around the neighborhood. I tried to sew, but found I was interrupted too often to get anything done, so I gave up.
4. The stake High Priests annual dinner and social was Friday. Good company. Good food. We sat at a table with Kirk and Shawnee Marsh, some of my favorite people. One crockpot casserole was so good, I sat by the crockpot when the activity was over, waiting for the person to pick it up so I could get the recipe. It turned out that it was made by Ed Reid. It was an easy recipe that he just told me right there. I am making it for Sunday dinner. The entertainment that night was a sing-a-long, led by Pres. Erickson and his banjo. We sang a collection of unknown and bizarre ( but funny) songs--typical of Pres. E.
5. Michael Buble has a new CD out. I love the song "I just havent met you yet" Google the music video on youtube and watch it. It is so fun.

2 comments:

  1. The swine flu is that insane out there? I think I've only had two kids with it. Good luck with the leaves. I hate raking leaves.

    You need to post a pic of Katherine and Molly (or atleast email it to me). I love the Michael Buble song/music video. I'm glad you are generally happy and can quilt more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your headaches - that's no fun! LOVE the new Michael Buble CD and I need you to email me the recipe for the crockpot casserole - I love to cook in my crockpot and I can always use a good Sunday recipe!
    BTW...Amy and I are headed to DC this week - we would love to see you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers