Sunday, September 27, 2009

Flower bulbs, psycho teacher, pain medication and one chocolate chip

The best (in no particular order)

1. Just before I got sick, I had purchased about 200 bulbs to plant. Every day, I see those bulb packages sitting, waiting for me to get enough energy to plant them. This week, my friend, Amy Darger-Stewart organized a bulb planting party. So Saturday morning, Amy and her husband George, Sue Ehlers, and MaryAnne McClelland all came and helped plant the bulbs. I have really great friends!
2. The general RS meeting was last night. As usual, it was great. My neighbor, Carol Van Gilst came with me. We went to dinner then to the stake center. We both are working full time this fall--both of us are usually at home moms--so we hardly ever see each other. We had a great time and enjoyed the broadcast. Carol has come to a lot of RS things in the last year or so. She is a great Christian woman.
3. I have been off controlled substances for pain for 9 days now. YAY. I feel like I am nearly back to normal.
4. I have taught/worked for 4 weeks now and only have 5 weeks left. Although I will be SOOO happy to be done, I will miss the kids. (well, most of the kids.....)

The worst
1. A couple of kids in my class will drive me insane by Nov 2nd. Almost guaranteed. (The rest are an absolute delight!)
2. I get to work about 715 am and come home from work about 5 pm . By the time I get home, I am so exhausted that making dinner is a joke. We only get a real, regular meal about 2 of the 5 days. Poor Molly. Last week I bought her a loaf of bread and a chocolate chip cookie from Great Harvest Bread to say thanks for being so flexible and non-demanding. The cookie (diameter is about 6"! ) had only one chocolate chip in it. Another worst item.
3. Back to school night at the high school (for Molly) revealed that she has 6 really good teachers and one teacher that is probably good, but is psycho. He assigns hours of homework every night, uses a college textbook and has arbitrary rules that make little sense, but that he will not change. (No, this is not an AP class or I would expect some of this.)

I think that is all for this week.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you and Mrs. Van Gilst enjoyed the broadcast :). That was so nice of Sis. Stewart to organize a planting party for you. Is this really the right time of year to plant?

    POOR Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny - and I would go back to the bakery and tell them that there was only one chocolate chip - what a rip off!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers