Sunday, October 11, 2009

so so week

WORST-

1. Long weekend. No free time. Not a lot of fun. Run errands. Dr appts. Ward dinner/social to help with. Messy house with no time to clean. Cannot keep up with endless dishes (see #2) and so have turned to using paper/disposable products.

2. I hate my dishwasher. I rinse dishes so clean that you can hardly tell if they are clean or dirty. Then I put them thru the dishwasher cycle and they come out dirty. yes. it is the truth. ask anyone. This week, it got worse, then the dishwasher stopped working at all. No water will come in. So I have a completely full dishwasher of dishes, and a sink full and no dishwasher.

3. my days of laziness are over. I finally have a new calling. (I've been callingless since the end of July. I have to say, I love it.) Although I am sad at having to contribute again, no complaints at the calling.--activities committee. I know! I am a slacker!



BEST-
1. I mostly finished a quilt I started in August. (still have to bind it) Quilted it today in a pretty difficult pattern (for me). It is a little inconsistent, but I tried something new, and most of all, IT'S DONE! I put a picture of it here, but my computer, in combination with blogger.com will not download pics to add, so i had to try another method. It worked except it made the picture HUGE. sorry. Just patiently scan down. :o)

2. When we discovered that our dishwasher was 10 years old, we wisely decided not to fix it. We bought a new dishwasher. Ranked as one of the best by Consumer Reports. Found an amazing price at Lowe's (so low that we thought it might be a mistake....) and then Lowe's had it for 20% off AND Virginia had a tax free weekend for energy star appliances! So we got a great price plus 25% off! The only bad thing is that we cant get it delivered for more than a week. yick. Paper products, here we come.

3. I only have 3 weeks left of teaching. I have started a list of the things I will have time to do when I am not working full time any more. (organize quilting room, organize storage room, go thru garage, make more quilts, help molly with homework without sighing first, etc.)

4. We got molly out of the psycho teachers class. Things are much better now.


2 comments:

  1. It stinks that our home computer doesn't like to put pictures on blogspot. My laptop here does it so quickly! I couldn't see a picture on your page--just a little icon thingy where it should've been. Just FYI. Bummer. Email it to me.

    Exciting about the new dishwasher! I'm sorry about the problems but that is seriously exciting! What does it look like? Actually, I want to be surprised when I come home in 2 months. Our kitchen has gone through a massive makeover the past year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I totally understand about the dishwasher. I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to--I was beginning to think I was nuts. I always rinse my dishes completely before putting them in the dishwasher and the bowls always come out with nasty stuff on them. It makes me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers