Sunday, August 30, 2009

Unexpected Utah trip

After playing "chicken" with priceline.com, and losing, I unexpectedly made a trip to Utah this week. Here is the best and the worst.....

WORST-
1. the trip home was long and bumby and I got so so sick. I didnt even feel completely better the next day.
2. the visit was too short.
3. my daily headaches came back during the trip. I cant figure out why.....

BEST--
1. I saw all my sisters! First, Karen picked the girls and me up from the airport (big surprize since no one knew i was coming) and took us to Moms. Mom was surprized as well. When Monta found out I was here, she invited Catie down. Catie actually drove down, even though it was only for about 24 hours! YAY. We took pics of all of us together. I also got to see Val, Ann, Dave and Carol, Dena and Ole, Aunt Timmie and Uncle Bob, and spent a lot of time with my mom.
2. I saw Jenna and Natalie's apartments. Helped Nat clean hers up and move in. Helped Jenna a bit, but she moved in months ago. They live just one stairwell away from each other in Alta Apartments. I had so much fun! Even though most of the time I was working hard. Nat drove me around where ever I wanted to go, even to SLC and to the quilt store in Sandy. (Both Nat and Jenna now have cars that they purchased with no financial assistance from us.)
3. All the other great stuff from the trip. Got to see Jodi, Amy and Kathy. Found out Denice is engaged!!!!, Went to Zupas for soup and salad, bought myzythria cheese and a byu lanyard. Talked endlessly with family--at Mimi's, Brick Oven, Sweet Tomatoes, Golden Corral, and Dena's spectacular breakfast table. Went to the quilt store in Sandy and bought some really fun stuff, while staying under budget! I had a snow cone the size of a basketball. Not kidding. I read a Shannon Hale book on each SLC/Chicago leg of my trip. I used my igo charger for my ipod/itouch with perfect results, put together some new furniture and trash picked other furniture for the girls! HAHA. It just doesnt get better than this!

Thanks for Molly and Bryce for letting me go without complaining. And now, one more free day, (Sunday). Then have to report to school Monday morning. Not exactly excited for that.

6 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to have you here. Thanks for coming. I think you won with priceline, by the way. Thanks for all your help in my apartment! I love you. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came down! It was really fun to see you. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see everyone! So what Shannon Hale book did you read? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Goose Girl on the way to Utah and Book of 1000 Days on the way back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snow cones were huge and delicious. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I was listed as one of the "good things"! It was so good to see you - we really need to do it more often! Thanks to Bryce for letting you come - lunch was yummy - conversation was better! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers