Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another week, another post

Best and worst three

BEST-
-Trent and Lyndi and girls came to visit for a week! Those girls are amazingly cute!
-We canned (well, we froze) peaches and made freezer jam. Finished in one day and the same day helped a new family move in, did major house cleaning and dealt with a major computer crisis. We are very efficient!
-I finished organizing my quilting/sewing storage room. I found TWO craigs lists IKEA shelves for cheap, filled them with fabric, machines, tools, patterns, etc. I even found room for the piles of quilts I have. Sometimes I go down and just stare at the beauty of it all. :o)

WORST-
-Dealt with a major computer crisis that seemed to worsen by the minute. But thank heaven we now have a MAC. The crisis was one hundredth less than it would have been with a pc! GO MAC! I will never go back.
-I messed up two quilts while trying to make a quilt for a family friend. I'm hoping the third one is the charm. If not, I may just give up.
-While canning, I went outside to pick up the last box of peaches. When lifting it up, I found a cricket under it. I slightly freaked, shuddered and frantically put the box down. Bryce had to check out the box to be sure that no crickets had climbed into the box. Meanwhile, Trent was helpful by going out and killing the crickets surrounding the box. I had gone inside to calm down in the living room. Trent came in, hands cupped, and asked "have you ever caught a cricket?" while opening his hands right in my face. To say I freaked out, nearly threw up, and screamed, is probably understating the situation. I guess he is now even for the shark in the bathtub when he was 2 incident.

3 comments:

  1. The peach jam is soo yummy. Its so fun to have Trent and Lyndi's family here. Yay for the MAC (hallelujah!) and so freaky about the cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Trent was visiting you guys! How fun! I'm really sorry about the cricket. I had flashbacks of having Trent as a big brother when you told that story. Barry knows to never do that or he's in BIG TROUBLE! I was too traumatized as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! Before you even mentioned the shark incident I seriously thought, "Well, Bryce is who Trent learned it all from - remember the shark incident?!" I guess it's even now. ;) And YAY for the mac! So glad you've converted!

    ReplyDelete

Followers