Monday, February 22, 2010

WORST- (in no particular order)
1. Jenna is having a really hard recovery from her surgery. She is in pain, throwing up the pain medications, and missing tons of school. And I can't do anything to help. On the other hand, she is good friends with the Pott's family (Bro Potts in her student ward bishopric, and she has become excellent friends of everyone in the family.) Anyway, Sis. Potts is taking care of her at the Pott's home. That makes me feel much better. And fyi--Sister Becky Potts is a saint.

2. Allie's stuff (from moving back home) is a huge unsightly mess in my living room. I've tried to get her her to do a few boxes a day, but she isn't getting much done at all, so I started doing it myself. I get more done in an hour than she has done in a week. But I hate doing it. We have actually found more than $1500 in checks that she hadn't deposited. We were able to deposit all but $255. That check was too old (2008.)

3. In March, I was supposed to go to the Lancaster PA quilt show, but now I can't go. Disappointing to say the least. I may try to make a long long day trip to the Hampton VA show this weekend to make up for it. (Six hour drive round trip plus at least 8 hours there needed......)

BEST (in no particular order)
1. We had our quarterly quilt group retreat. We all did a paper piecing quilt. We always have so much fun. A lot of the time, I was really frustrated because everyone else seemed to work on theirs with out major problems. But mine kept having such problems! I was so frustrated. But in the end, I got it done and it looks amazing. Now to find a backing and quilt it. Here is a pic. But the border will eventually be a scalloped border instead of straight.

2. Katie and Connor are going to have a baby in August. We are all so excited! I am exercising great self control. I have known for a week and haven't made a single baby quilt.

3. I am nearly finished quilting the 4 queen quilts for my mom. One left to quilt then three to bind. (Binding is the part I hate so I keep putting it off.) I can't figure out how to get these to Utah--they are so huge! I will probably have to wait until April when I go out for Natalie's graduation. But since I am going to Utah straight from Boston, that too, is precarious. sigh....

4. We have had no measurable snow for more than a week. This is very exciting. But we hear more is on the way. Bryce was able to finally clear the bumpy ice mounds from the street in front of the house/driveway. Allie had gotten stuck there, as had other neighbors, but it was an ice sheet several inches thick (several, not a couple). But this weekend, it warmed up into the upper 40's, and he attacked it. YAY.

5. Stake temple day was on President's Day. We spent quite a few hours there and among other things, was able to do sealings for Shirley Lucia's family. (The elderly lady I helped take care of for several years until she passed in her mid 90's. She was baptized when she was 90, but was never able to attend the temple.) We sealed Shirley to her husband, daughter, and to her parents. Happy times.

Guess that's all. My kids are happy. I am happy. This is good.

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is gorgeous, Carol! I love it! Some day, when I'm rich, I want to design a quilt and pay you to make it. Some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! I also love how much you love quilting. And I love you.

    How exciting about Shirley's temple work! Life is good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Followers