Monday, November 23, 2009

quilting, fall leaves, and Elaine Dalton

BEST-
1-I finished quilting 8 quilts (for pay) just in time for the Christmas shopping season to start. And I think I will have about 3-4 more before Christmas arrives. Yay for extra money.
2- I finished an amazing gift for one of my girls. Cant be specific since they all read this. :o) I also made some math geek bags for Natalie and some of her friends, using my YUDU and then sewing the bags.
3- I got some organizing done in the basement. After that, I looked at the dining room/computer room on the main level, thinking I would tackle it next. I think I have decided it might be easier to torch it rather than try to clean/organize it.
4- The fall leaves raking is done (nearly done). Very little left. This is the worst part of the fall, so it is so nice to have it done. (However, my back is aching because of it. Maybe this should have been put under the WORST section.....)
5-I have subbed again for the 5th grade. It's so funny how those kids treat me like a celebrity. I have a couple of days lined up in the future as well, including this Wed.
6-Thanksgiving at the church--every year I organize a potluck Thanksgiving at the church for those who have no family near by or who dont want to fix a whole feast just for their family. Everyone brings part of the feast, we eat all together, then all of us take home mixed leftovers for the next day. It works good. This year, our numbers are smaller, about 35. But often, in the last few days, we pick up a few. Normal numbers are 35-50. It's always fun.
7- The BEST OF ALL. Last Sunday, we went to a fireside for YW and their mothers with Elaine Dalton (general YW pres). I have to say, it was the most amazing thing ever. Really life changing. The YW in my car talked on the way home. They kept repeating stories, lessons, principles, etc. It was as though they had met a rock star, but one they wanted to emulate. She was so personable, and spent hours meeting and greeting and hugging every girl there that wanted to meet/greet/hug her. (And there were thousands!!) This is something that those YW will remember their whole lives. (and the moms that went as well.)

WORST
1-I have to bring my sewing machine in for servicing. It costs a lot, plus I am without my machine for about a week. AAAAHHHH. I hope I survive.
2- I have no idea of what to get a couple of my kids for Christmas. It will come, but I dont like being stumped this late in the year. I could always go with socks and underwear, right?
3- Holy canolli! Is that all the worst? I cannot think of anything else. hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do much. You amaze me. I'm so excited to come home for christmas in less than 3 weeks--hopefully it will all work out. I'm glad life is going so well. Sorry about the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Followers