Sunday, November 15, 2009

Friends, quilts and other stuff

The worst

1. My house is a wreck. I'm spending too much time doing stuff I will talk about in the BEST section.

2. Bad headaches this week. And a lot of them.

3. Jenna had another panic attack and ended up in the ER again. What are we going to do to control them?

4. I am so tired! All the time. I think the fact that I dont sleep at night has something to do with it.

The best

1. We had an old Stake Young Women Presidency reunion last night. Fun stuff. Heidi, Angie, Tashia and I met at 6:30ish at Outback. We ate too much food, shared desserts, and talked, talked, talked. Heidi donated her $100 gift card so it only cost each of us $5 for the tip. YAY for Heidi! We had missed hearing updates and stories from everyone (especially the hilarious Heidi). We got updated on what is happening in stake YW now. We talked kids, YW, wards, weirdness, dysfunctional families, and more more more. Finally, at 10:57 we decided it was time to go home. These ladies are a blessing in my life. They are amazing women! I am blessed to be around them.

2. I finished the green quilt retreat quilt. It is so beautiful. Everyone who made a quilt there wants to make another one with the same pattern. It is such a great pattern....it's stunning without being too difficult to do. I would take a pic, but it is so large that I dont have any flat space that large. I will have to take a pic at the church during quilting this week. It is fun to look at and remember what a nice time we had at the retreat, sewing with such good friends.

3. I used my YUDO machine! I finally got the nerve. It really was quite easy to use. I used it to silkscreen fabric pieces that I had cut out to make "I love math" bags for Natalie and some of her friends. They are turning out super cute.

4. The General YW President is here from SLC and speaking at a fireside in Maryland tonight for YW and their mothers. I am very excited to go.

5. I figured out TWO, yes, TWO Christmas gifts for Bryce! That is a miracle.

6. On Friday I subbed a half a day in the same school but a different 5th grade class (and will sub in my old class on Monday.) When I came in to the school, it was crazy. Kids ran down the hall in droves to hug me. They were saying, "Come back and be our teacher." "We missed you." and the like. Throngs of admiring 5th graders. It was hilarious. But it was about to get worse. I looked up and the teacher I had subbed for was running down the hall to me. She pushed through the kids, gave me a hug and said "Come back and be the teacher." (I laughed and mentioned I was going to be there on Monday, and she said, "NO! Permanently!" ) It was so funny. (FYI she was out on maternity leave with her 3rd child, the oldest is 5. She she is really having a hard time leaving them.) I wrote on my facebook that I felt like Taylor Swift.

7. Friday night was our annual RS Focus on Sisters. My neighbor, Carol VanGilst came with me. Vicky Carlson, a former member of our ward, whose husband is/was a) the highest ranked mormon in the military (4 star general in Air Force) and b) is now a member of the 2nd quorum of the 70, spoke at it. The theme was the 10 virgins. But she tied it into her experiences dealing with the difficult call to full time church service, and how it changed all the plans they had been making for 37 years (retirement). It was a great program. Carol VG and I enjoyed it. Afterwards, Carol and I talked about some things in our church, prophets, apostles, etc. Carol VG is a righteous Christian woman and a good friend. She likes coming to these with me, and I love having her come. It was a good night.

Its been a good week.

2 comments:

  1. what a great week! there are too many things to comment on so just know i'm so glad things are so happy. i'm especially excited that you were able to have a YW presidency reunion. what fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your weekly posts! Sorry about Jenna - what do the Dr.'s say?? Can they help her with medication?? I REALLY need you to teach me to quilt and I think your life sounds amazingly crazy! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers